ATTORNEY SCOTT A. PORTNER, ESQUIRE
Freedman and Lorry, P.C.
1601 Market Street, Suite 1550
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Phone (c): 609-289-9325
E-mail: [email protected]
- B.A., University of Maryland, 1993
- M.A., American University, 1995
- J.D., Temple University, Beasley School of Law, 1999
Scott A. Portner is a Senior Shareholder at Freedman and Lorry, P.C. and has been practicing law for more than 20 years. Over the past 15 years, he has recovered in excess of $32 million on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Portner earned a B.A. from the University of Maryland in 1993, an M.A. from the American University in Washington, D.C. in 1995 and graduated from the Temple University School of Law in 1999. In his legal career, he served as Assistant District Attorney at the Philadelphia District Attorney’s office from 1999 to 2006 prosecuting several bench and jury trials. After Scott spent several years as a prosecutor he worked at a large defense firm in New Jersey defending several of Atlantic City’s gaming Institutions in the areas of premises liability and employment law.
Mr. Portner is certified as a Life Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a prestigious trial lawyers organization that is limited to Attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of all US Attorneys are members. Some of Scott’s notable recoveries include:
• Over $7 Million: Fatal construction accident
• Over $2 Million: Land-based waterfront accident longshore/maritime
• Over $2 Million: Maritime docking accident
• Over $1 Million: Slip and fall accident in walk-in refrigerator
• Over $500,000: Catastrophic car accident
• Over $500,000: Marine boating accident
• Over $500,000: Maritime accident on deck of vessel
• Confidential six-figure settlement: Slip and fall accident during delivery
Scott Portner concentrates in personal injury litigation, including maritime law, wrongful death, product liability, premises liability, medical malpractice and nursing home negligence, construction, and motor vehicle cases.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Federal and State Courts in Pennsylvania including the Eastern District
- New Jersey, Federal and State Courts in New Jersey
- Pennsylvania Bar Association.
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association.
- Philadelphia Bar Association.
- Life Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.