ATTORNEY PAUL B. HIMMEL, ESQUIRE
Freedman and Lorry, P.C.
1601 Market Street, Suite 1550
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Phone (c): 215-817-0423
E-mail: [email protected]
B.A., Emory University, 1987
J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 1990
Paul B. Himmel is a Senior Shareholder with Freedman and Lorry, P.C. Mr. Himmel has extensive civil litigation experience in state and federal courts in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey, including jury trials, bench trials and arbitrations. Mr. Himmel is responsible for all aspects of litigation, from initial pleadings through verdict. He represents individuals involved in motor vehicle , trip and fall, construction accidents, medical malpractice, and product liability matters
Mr. Himmel manages the firm’s Workers’ Compensation department. In May 2014, Mr. Himmel became a Certified Specialist in Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation by the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Section in Workers’ Compensation Law as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. He has also been selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list each consecutive year since 2017; awarded PhillyLabor Who’s Who in Injury and Injured Workers Advocacy List; and chosen by the National Trial Lawyers as Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania.
Throughout his legal career, Mr. Himmel has been a fierce advocate for injured workers in the Delaware Valley. On behalf of his clients, he has recovered the following aggregate settlements over the last eight years:
- 2022 – $6.1M
- 2021 – $4.3M
- 2020 – $4.2M
- 2019 – $3.7M
- 2018 – $3.8M
- 2017 – $4.4M
- 2016 – $5.2M
- 2015 – $5.4M
In addition to handling personal injury and worker’s compensation matters including motor vehicle accidents and all types of negligence claims, Mr. Himmel also handles medical malpractice and products liability claims.
- Board of Directors, Fair Housing Rights Center of Southeastern Pennsylvania (PHRC).
- Member of the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association.
- Member of the American Trial Lawyers Association.
- Member of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association.
- Member of the Philadelphia Bar Association
- Member of National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania.
- Member of the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans.
- Certified Specialist in the practice of workers’ compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Section on Workers’ Compensation Law as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- Member of the American Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability Committee, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section.
Admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and State of New Jersey. Admitted to practice in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.