FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES
The attorneys at Freedman & Lorry, P.C. protect your rights against abusive and deceptive debt collectors. Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), a federal law, you are protected from certain behavior by debt collectors.
Debt Collectors cannot:
- Contact you before 8:00 am in the morning or after 9:00 pm at night unless you agree to it.
- Contact you at work if you tell them that you are not allowed to get calls at work.
- Threaten violence or harm.
- Use obscene or profane language.
- Publish a list of people who owe them money.
- Contact you by postcard.
- Tell you that you will be arrested if you don’t pay your debt.
- Repeatedly use the telephone to call you for the purpose of annoying you.
- Misrepresent the amount that you owe the debt collector.
- State that they are attorneys or governments official when they are not.
- Falsely state that you have committed a crime.
- If a debt collector has violated this law, you have rights under the FDCPA, including legal action against the debt collector. You also have protection under state law.
Attorneys at Freedman & Lorry, P.C. Will Fight for Your Consumer Rights
Attorneys at Freedman & Lorry, P.C. will step in when your creditors are unfairly hounding you. We urge you to contact us at 215-925-8400 or 888-999-1962 or contact us online to schedule a free review, so you receive justice when dealing with exponential debt. We proudly serve clients in Philadelphia, Eastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, and North Carolina.